Green Friday is the new Black Friday!
Shopping ethically and consciously just got a whole lot easier with the launch of online department store, WEARTH! Founded by the dynamic duo Edward and Imogen, this website will soon become your one stop shop for all things vegan, sustainable, eco friendly and zero waste!
Edward and Imogen are both the young entrepreneurs behind WEARTH. After noticing a growing demand for sustainable products and the number of eco friendly UK based brands was on the rise, they felt an easy accessible way to shop for these items under one roof was missing. From vegan beauty products to sustainable yoga mats, eco friendly furniture to unique recycled jewellery WEARTH has everything a conscious consumer could ever ask for and more! Edward explains it's been a long process choosing specific brands to advertise and promote but they're over the moon with the finished result, and we can see why!
Just to get you that little bit more excited WEARTH are hosting a GREEN Friday event where you can take 10% off your whole shop when entering the code 'GREENFRIDAY' at checkout. This code will be valid from Friday, 24th November until Monday 27th.
We've hand picked some of our favourite items which you can see below! Whether it's an eco-conscious treat for yourself or gift for another, turn your black Friday in to a Green Friday this year and shop for your presents in the most ethical way possible on WEARTH through supporting brands who do an amazing job at keeping our planet cleaner, greener and meaner! We especially love that WeEarth have a 'Shop by Values' section allowing you to narrow your search criteria down to what aligns with your passions and interests e.g biodegradable, handmade, plastic free, made in the UK and vegan.
1. CorkYogis Yoga mat is one of the most beautiful, high quality and ethical mats out there! Made from sustainable materials, the grip of the mat actually increases as you sweat so whilst you'er working hard the mat is working harder! It has plenty of surface area giving you more support during long held poses and in addition the natural surface temperature of cork is the same as human body temperature, this means you won't get cold during those yin postures. Also every mat sold helps empower women who have survived human trafficking in India with a percentage of the proceededs contributing towards literacy and sewing courses!
2. This fabulous shopping bag is made from elegant left-over cotton canvas fabric. It's produced responsibly in Portugal, with water-based print and finished with cotton seam-tape for a high-quality finish and more resistance for all those brussel sprouts you plan to carry home from the zero waste market.
3. Hand-made to order from eco-friendly recycled 925 sterling silver, this beautiful Orbit ring is perfect for either stacking or wearing alone as a finger, thumb or midi ring. It also comes in a lovely cotton hand-printed drawstring bag.
4. This classic, attractive and ever-practical lunchbox is made from 304 grade stainless steel for lunch on the go. Perfect for the zero waste fanatics in your life!
5. We both own a bamboo toothbrush and absolutely love them! This one in particular is made from 100% Biodegradable bamboo. Bamboo grows very quickly making it a very sustainable alternative to plastic toothbrushes that can take 450 - 1000 years to decompose.