The Ultimate Green Hotel
Visiting Boston and staying at The Lenox Hotel last Christmas was such a treat! We love our trips to the USA and love finding the greenest, most eco friendly hotels to stay in even more.
This hotel is one of the few historic hotels out there that care about the planet. It was named one of 'The 5 Greenest Luxury Hotels' in America and was awarded 'The Ultimate Green Hotel' with Travel & Leisure magazine. You can read their 100+ eco friendly practices on their website here, which is an incredibly impressive list of the commitments they have made...One of our favourites is the 'Meatless Mondays' they offer in the employee cafeteria!
Whilst staying at The Lenox we loved:
* The filter water and ice stations on each floor - We love to stay hydrated and used this service a lot. Having access to fresh filtered water anytime was amazing, especially when we first arrived after such a long flight.
* The organic wine, gin and vodka - We loved that there were so many organic alcoholic options, which we obviously took advantage of!
* The free coffee - We either popped down in the lift and took them up to our room or away with us whilst exploring Boston. This was also a big help to keep our hands warm in -7 degree temperatures!
* The locally sourced treats and green menu - We explained we were vegan and they offered us so many options that were not only beautifully presented but delicious too!
* Recycling - Their efficient use of recycling throughout their restaurants and guest rooms.
We were unaware at the time that The Lenox also offers a Travel Lightly Carbon Offset Package where guests can offset the carbon footprint of their travel. We were so thrilled that after contacting The Lenox to say thank you for a wonderful stay they offset our roundtrip travel by plane from Wales to Boston!!
If you're looking for more eco friendly hotels like The Lenox then Ecolux has a great lists!