Live Beautifully with Matt and Nat
Matt and Nat are one of our favourite vegan bag companies! So much so that we are dedicating a whole post to them!
Matt and Nat stands for Mat(T)erial and Natural. They are a vegan bag and accessory brand based in Canada. Their motto 'Live Beautifully' resonates with us deeply. To us this means connecting with nature, appreciating the simple things in life and making conscious decisions about how we shop. Something as simple as choosing a piece of organic fruit, buying a piece of clothing that has been certified as fair trade or reusing and repurposing an old glass jar as a plant pot means so much to us.
Shopping with Matt and Nat is another way we live by this motto and here's why:
- All of their products are vegan.
- The interior lining of their bags are made with 100% recycled plastic bottles.
- They source eco friendly materials for use in their products such as recycled nylon, cork and rubber.
- They encourage up-cycling of their bags by donating them. Matt and Nat use the global organisation Dress For Success as a great example. Their mission 'is to empower women to achieve financial independence by providing professional clothing, a network of support and career development tools to help women thrive in work and life'.
- They visit their factories in China regularly and build strong relationships with the owners of their factories.
- They encourage their employees to volunteer.
Matt and Nat were the very first vegan bags that we both purchased and we keep going back for more! Nat's satchel is over a year old and still looks brand new. Not even the expensive leather designer bags that we used to buy looked this good after wearing them for that long. They have bags for every occasion and every style. One of our favourite aspects of their design is that their bags never have a cheap 'fake leather' look about them and if you're caught in the rain they won't discolour like many other bags. If you accidentally drop a dollop of hummus or green smoothie on them (which we are totally guilty of) you can wipe it away with a cloth and pretend it never happened!
We can't deny that carrying a stylish bag that is made with natural and recycled materials makes you feel pretty darn good! You could say that not only are these bags good for your wardrobe they are also good for you.
Do you have a favourite Matt and Nat bag and what do you do to Live Beautifully?